Sunday 20 May 2012

Part 2 ... and things get slower

Despite the poor weather and my car not having been discharged from the car hospital, I decided to continue my pursuit of attempting to awaken my dormant interest in natural history.
Unfortunately
, I don't think this weekends activities done it any favours in the least. The only saving grace was the fact I'd taken my camera which helped keep my sanity and retain the will to live.

Having slowly walked somewhere in the region of a six miles circular route from home, over the period of about 3 hours, I only managed to find thirty species of bird. Its at times like this when you remember why one just cannot be bothered to make the effort anymore!

Although I did find lots of nice plants to photograph, it was so slow that I even resorted to taking pictures of a slug! But it was a particularly big one.

a slug (c Rotton Yarns)
For the record, below is the mornings species list. The highlights for me were undoubtedly the whitethroats and kestrel:

Blackbird
Blackcap
Blue Tit
Carrion Crow
Chaffinch
Chiffchaff
Coal Tit
Cuckoo
Dunnock
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Great Tit
Green Woodpecker
House Sparrow
Jackdaw
Kestrel
Linnet
Long-tailed Tit
Magpie
Mistle Thrush
Pied Wagtail
Robin
Skylark
Song Thrush
Starling
Swallow
Swift
Whitethroat
Willow Warbler
Woodpigeon
Wren

No comments:

Post a Comment