Monday 18 June 2012

Little things......

Hi readers. In the absence of recent activity I thought while I attempt to catch up with a months worth of blogs, I'd post something childish to amuse you in the interim.

Earlier in the year, after suspecting for sometime my long distance sight is not quite what it should be, I was prescribed glasses. What a difference it has made too - I can now clearly see the numbers on the back of a football shirt to know who I'm shouting at when I need to.

Overall. I have been very surprised as to how well I've adapted to wearing double glazing. In the past I've dreaded the time and thought I would be very self concious of the fact. I didn't want contact lenses as that would be too much of a faff and so resigned myself to settling for the visual double glazing.

The only negative issue I've found after having them for about three months is remembering where I last had them. I only need them for distance and so always have to take them off to read things. I also sometimes forget to take them with me when I go out and for me at the moment, its not cool to tie them to a piece of string and hang them around my neck like any other sensible person would do. I'm actually quite surprised I've not lost them and or broken them yet.

What I have discovered, much to my delight and amusement, is it's added a whole new dimension to my childish behaviour as I have been finding endless opportunities of doing stupid things with them. Once I realised this, I have taken to recording it on my phone. Watch this space for future posts.







3 comments:

  1. Still making a spectacle of yourself, then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey - you didn't hang about! I've just blogged about my fan belt incident and there's a comment!! Ooo err! I'm sure you're bruvver will have something as witty to add too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.dockache.blogspot.co.uk/, follow the link John

    ReplyDelete